HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT POT OF TEA

by

How to Make the Perfect Pot of Tea - a quick and easy tutorial on making beautiful tea - a must read if you're hosting an afternoon tea - by Eliza Ellis

I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, A COFFEE PERSON THROUGH AND THROUGH... WITH ONE EXCEPTION...

And that's when I visit my grandparents, because my Grandmother makes the most beautiful cup of tea.

I remember many years ago, my parents were in Melbourne for the day, and I fell over at school and cut my knee rather nastily.

The school couldn't reach my parents, and as I was pretty upset and shocked by it all, (I was about 9, I think), they called Grandmother to come and pick me up.

So she took me back to her office, and made me some tea.


How to Make the Perfect Pot of Tea - a quick and easy tutorial on making beautiful tea - a must read if you're hosting an afternoon tea - by Eliza Ellis


Well! I didn't drink tea at all then, and I didn't particularly like it, but nevertheless, I remember sitting there with a fine old blue willow cup and saucer in hand, drinking it down, and with every sip I felt so much better, that by the end, I was completely restored and right as rain...

With the exception of the big gash in my knee lol, but dad took me out to the hospital when he got home and we got that all fixed up later.

At any rate, to this day, Grandmother's tea still comes in a blue willow teacup, and it's cheerful, rosy hue is just wonderful to catch up over - I always find it just as magically restorative too!

For this post today, I've asked her advice to share with you on How to Make the Perfect Pot of Tea, so you can easily whip some up when friends come over, or to serve at an Afternoon Tea.


How to Make the Perfect Pot of Tea - a quick and easy tutorial on making beautiful tea - a must read if you're hosting an afternoon tea - by Eliza Ellis


YOU WILL NEED:

- Loose leaf tea
- A teapot
- A kettle
- A tea strainer
- Sugar, milk and lemon wedges - depending on people's preference.

STEP ONE:

Boil the kettle, fill your pot up with the water and leave it to heat.

STEP TWO:

Fill the kettle with fresh water, and put it on to boil for your tea.

STEP THREE:

When the kettle clicks, empty your teapot - it should be lovely and warm by now - and add one rounded teaspoon of tea leaves per person, and one extra for the pot.

STEP FOUR:

Take the pot to the kettle, and fill with as much water as needed. The water should be slightly off the boil now, which is the perfect temperature.

(Don't forget - if you're making tea for 2 people in a 4 cup pot, only fill it half way!)

STEP FIVE:

Allow the tea to steep for a few minutes. While you're waiting, add the sugar, milk or lemon wedges to the teacups, then strain the tea and serve.


AND GRANDMOTHER'S LAST TIP?

"For some reason, I don't know why, it always tastes better when you drink it from really nice china... The best cups of tea are always in fine bone china teacups. "

So there we go, an easy tutorial on making the perfect pot of rosy tea - and a great excuse for collecting some gorgeous Wedgewood and Noritake :)

All the best,

Eliza.


Get my latest printables and posts in your inbox! Click here to subscribe! // elizaellis.blogspot.com.au

You May Also Like

2 comments